Revelations from the past 48 hours:
- I am 100% certain that we have done everything we can do, and it’s finally time to let my amazing mama rest her weary body and mind. Love her so much.
- I have the best daughter in the world. This experience has solidified our bond more than I knew possible.
- The love my mom’s caregivers have for her is beyond words. I don’t think there’s been a dry eye in that house over the past couple of days.
- I’m stronger than I think I am, but sometimes being strong means allowing myself to fall apart with no apologies and without beating myself up.
- Just when I think I’ve cried until I can cry no more, I realize I was wrong.
- Support and compassion from friends will help get you through the roughest of days.
- No matter what’s going on in your life, if you step back for a minute, you’re bound to see incredible blessings, even among the clouds and gray skies.
- In the grand scheme of things, most of the things we worry and stress over are incredibly trivial.
- I am more committed than ever to educating people about this f*cking disease. Advocating for those who can’t advocate for themselves will forever be a critical part of my life.