- An estimated 200,000 of the 5 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s are under the age of 65. Many are in their 40s and 50s.
- When you donate to the Cure Alzheimer’s Fund, 100 percent of funds of your gift goes directly to research. The organization’s founders cover all overhead expenses.
- Women are at the epicenter of the Alzheimer’s epidemic, which is why Maria Shriver recently announced her new initiative, Wipe Out Alzheimer’s (in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association).
- The Longest Day is June 21st and it’s not too early to start planning a dawn to dusk activity to honor your loved one and raise Alzheimer’s awareness!
- A comprehensive list of helpful resources is just a click away! -> Resources
- USAgainstAlzheimer’s makes being an advocate a piece of cake by providing EASY actions you can take to make a real difference. Sign up at http://www.usagainstalzheimers.org
- The Alzheimer’s Association publishes a comprehensive Facts & Figures Report annually. Check it out to learn more.
- You can call the U.S. Capitol switchboard to make your voice heard! Simply dial 202-224-3121 and ask for your member of Congress and/or Senators. For each office, give your name, explain that you’re a constituent and an Alzheimer’s advocate, and ask to speak with the Health Legislative Assistant. If that person is not available, ask to leave a message. Share your personal story and explain why you feel it’s critical that they support increased funding for Alzheimer’s.
- The Long and Winding Road is also on Facebook! Stop by our page for your daily dose of inspiration and information!